If you have a Speedway Revolution R220, R420, or R640 (Speedway xPortal) reader that is giving you trouble, here are the steps Impinj recommends that you follow. Progress through these steps until your problem is resolved.
- Make sure the reader is connected to a proper power supply. Reboot the reader.
- Perform a factory default reset (Pressing the FDR button for 3 seconds).
- After the reader has fully rebooted, the power and status LEDs should be green.
- Here is a link to a video showing the reset process: Performing Factory Reset on the Speedway Revolution Reader
- Note: A factory default reset procedure only resets the device; it doesn't remove custom software installed (aka cap) on the reader.
- If your reader does have custom software,
- It is best that you work with the Impinj Partner that loaded the custom software onto the reader.
- You can remove it with RShell command: config image removecap
- You can remove it by Performing Factory Reset on the Speedway Revolution Reader while holding the FDR button down for 10 seconds. (rather than 3 seconds)
- After resetting the reader, it will be set for a dynamically assigned IP address.
- Ping the reader using the "speedwayr-XX-YY-ZZ" reader name (where XX-YY-ZZ are the last three octets, or groups of numbers, in the MAC address of the reader).
- Ping the reader using the ip address (command "arp -a" may retrieve the ip address)
- If network communication is working, proceed to the next step.
- Check out this article: Troubleshooting Reader Connectivity Issues
- Contact your Impinj Partner for technical support if you still are unable to access the reader.
- Using ItemTest software, try to read tags using a set of known good tags, known good antennas, and known good cables.
- A failed cable (or tags) can often lead people to think that their reader is broken.
If you're unable to complete these steps, it's likely that your reader has failed. Please contact the Impinj Partner you're working with and provide your serial number. The Impinj partner will bring us in if they are unable to resolve it with you. If the reader is under warranty, Impinj will initiate the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) process.