What’s New - Impinj R700 series firmware 8.2
Ease of Deployment and Use Enhancements
- Tag streaming - read tag data including EPC, read counter, RSSI, antenna number, read rate, and transmit power level via the web UI during reader deployment and troubleshooting.
- Impinj IoT Device Interface duration and periodic triggers that enable inventory operations for set durations at specific intervals.
- Advanced general-purpose output (GPO) control that provides network and reader status via the IoT Device Interface, enabling alarming of reader status and events such as network connection, reader operational status, and tag inventory status .
- Increase in custom application memory program space from 128MB to 256MB, allowing for more powerful on-reader applications.
- Impinj tag population estimation algorithm that improves read rate in multi-antenna applications by up to 5% when a tag population differs by antenna and removes the need to manually enter a tag population estimate into the reader configuration settings. Refer to the Impinj Tag Population Estimation Algorithm Explained application note.
Security Feature Enhancements
- Ability to load TLS and CA security certificates via the Impinj R700 series web UI
- An update to the Linux kernel to version 5.10.186.
The Impinj R700 series programming manuals, installation and operations guide, and release notes include further information about these changes.