This article describes three ways to determine Impinj Speedway reader and gateway hardware version (PCBA).
Method 1: Printed label affixed to the reader
1. Look for the printed label affixed to the Impinj Speedway reader, as shown below.
2. Hardware version is printed in PCBA section. In the example above, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 4.00.
Method 2: Impinj reader web interface
1. Launch a web browser such as Google Chrome.
2. Enter the following in the URL field (xx-xx-xx is the last 3 octets of your reader's MAC address), press Enter key, and login:
For example, if your MAC address is 00:16:25:11:84:B8, enter http://speedwayr-11-84-B8
3. Look for "Hardware Version" entry under "DETAILS" section of the reader web interface as shown below.
4. The second set of three numbers shows the major Rev version, and the third set of three numbers shows the minor Rev version. In the above example, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 5.00.
Method 3: RShell command
1. Launch an SSH client such as Putty.
2. Using either the Impinj Speedway reader's hostname (speedwayr-xx-xx-xx, where xx-xx-xx is the last 3 octets of your reader's MAC address), or the Impinj Speedway reader's IP address, make an SSH connection to the reader and login.
3. At the RShell prompt, issue the following RShell command:
> show system platform
4. Results look similar to the following. Look for HardwareVersion='xxx-xxx-xxx' entry.
5. In the example above, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 6.06.