This article describes three ways to determine Impinj Speedway reader and gateway product's hardware version (PCBA).
Method 1: Printed label affixed to the Impinj reader (Speedway reader only)
Note: Please use this method only for the Impinj Speedway reader. For the Impinj gateway products, please use method 2 or 3.
1. Look for the printed label affixed to the Impinj Speedway reader, as shown below.
2. Hardware version is printed in PCBA section. In the example above, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 4.00.
Method 2: Impinj reader or gateway product's web interface
1. Launch a web browser such as Google Chrome.
2. Enter the following in the URL field (xx-xx-xx is the last 3 octets of your device's MAC address), press Enter key, and login:
- For Speedway reader and xPortal
- For xSpan
- For xArray
For example, if your Impinj reader's MAC address is 00:16:25:11:84:B8, enter http://speedwayr-11-84-B8
3. Look for "Hardware Version" entry under "DETAILS" section of the device web interface as shown below.
4. The second set of three numbers shows the major Rev version, and the third set of three numbers shows the minor Rev version. In the above example, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 5.00.
Method 3: RShell command
1. Launch an SSH client such as Putty.
2. Using either the Impinj device's hostname (speedwayr-xx-xx-xx, or xspan-xx-xx-xx, or xarry-xx-xx-xx, where xx-xx-xx is the last 3 octets of your Impinj device's MAC address), or the Impinj device's IP address, make an SSH connection to the Impinj device and login.
3. At the RShell prompt, issue the following RShell command:
> show system platform
4. Results look similar to the following. Look for HardwareVersion='xxx-xxx-xxx' entry.
5. In the example above, this Impinj Speedway reader's hardware version is Rev. 6.06.
Article is closed for comments.